Aquarium is an open source text filtering package written in
PHP. It filters nearly all four-letter words, profanities, curses,
and pornographic language from any text, while filtering nearly no
benign words. Aquarium can keep your blog, forum, guestbook
or other dynamic application clean and suitable for all ages.
Aquarium has a number of nice features:
- Aquarium is fast: it can process over 350 words per second!
- Uses an encrypted dictionary of almost 100 objectionable words,
so you don't need to compile your own bad-words file and keep it
plain-text on a server.
- The specially developed algorithm detects sound-alike as well
as look-alike words to produce almost perfect text filtering.
- Aquarium is easy to set up and use.
- Integrates easily into other PHP and HTML web pages.
- Aquarium works with PHP versions 4.3 and greater.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions,
improvements or ideas that may help to improve future releases
of Aquarium, please contact me
I keep a list of sites that use
Aquarium. If you would like to be included on the list,
please send me your name and URL from the here.
Finally, freewill donations are gratefully accepted. Click
here to donate to Aquarium.